Here on California’s Central Coast, we are surrounded by endless natural beauty. From pristine beaches to rolling grassy hills, SLO county has it all. Because our amazing home is such a gem in terms of natural beauty, visitors from all throughout the United States and beyond flock to our coastal home each year. When it comes to showing off the natural beauty that surrounds us, what better way to view SLO County than a guided trail ride?
If you’re looking for a unique way to show off our beautiful SLO County to your friends and family, or if you are visiting from out of town, you may very likely be without enough horses to go on your own – in this case, a guided trail ride is perfect! Let someone else provide the horses, and you can just enjoy the ride.
Check out this list of SLO County guided trail rides located all over SLO County. Click each name to get to their website. You will find the options range in formality, and some even have camping or other accommodations. Now, go hit the trails!
SLO County Guided Trail Rides
- Shangri-La Ranch – Santa Margarita. Guided trail rides with camping nearby. Come ride along with this first-hand account of a trail ride by clicking this link: Riding the Trails in SLO County : Santa Margarita Lake Trails
- Madonna Inn Trail Rides – San Luis Obispo. Take a trek to the top of Madonna Inn and enjoy the views of San Luis Obispo and down Los Osos Valley. Madonna Inn Guided Trail Rides : A Memorable Introduction to Trail Riding
- Pacific Dunes Ranch and RV Resort – Oceano. Bring your own horses or borrow from the ranch. You can even camp beside your horse, or stay in an RV.
- Work Ranch – San Miguel. A unique opportunity to ride on a 12,000 acre working cattle ranch, with accommodations. Ride along with Kelly Work to see the beautiful views Work Ranch has to offer by clicking this link: Work Ranch : A Place to Experience a Working Cattle Ranch.
- V6 Ranch – Parkfield. Stay and play either with our without your horse. This is California cowboying at its best. Your horse can stay with you at V6 ranch or you can arrange to “borrow” one of the ranch horses. Trail rides can be arranged from experienced to beginners. Break Away from the Ordinary at the Extraordinary V6 Ranch
- Central Coast Trail Rides – Central Coast Trail Rides has locations all over SLO County, so if you and your visitors are looking to ride somewhere specific, check them out. Experience the Central Coast on Horseback with Unique Central Coast Trailrides!
- Covell’s California Clydesdales – Cambria. Historic Clydesdale ranch that offers ranch tours, riding lessons, and trail rides. Sharing the Love of Horses at Covell’s California Clydesdale Ranch
We covered SLO County Guided Trail Rides | Why and Where to Go in a previous article and then did individual stories to get the inside scoop on what the SLO County Guided Trail rides had to offer. This is the new and expanded list.
Photo Credit: Sharon Jantzen
There are so many ways to horse around in stunning SLO County. Come horse around with us. To keep this info at your fingertips we have developed a FREE Hot Sheet that will direct you to stories which tell you where you can trail ride, stay with your horse, show and taste. We’ll continue to add horsing around stories to our website. You can stay up-to-date by becoming a SLO Horse News herd member. Just click this link: Get your Horsing Around in SLO County Hot Sheet here >.