Do you have a vision for connecting others with horses to make their lives better? When does a vision become a movement? Can horses play a role in a life-changing movement? Come participate and discover even more about what horses have to teach us regarding lowering stress and building trust at The Movement Symposium and Festival 2018 to be held at Flag Is Up Farms in Solvang, California, May 23-24, 2018.
What is “The Movement”
“We are describing “The Movement” as demonstrations, discoveries and pathways,” said Debbie Roberts Loucks who is managing the event. “A movement starts with a clear vision of a world different than the one we live in today. The presenters are each amazing in their own industries and they all have a vision of a better world, inspired by incorporating horses in their own story. They come to share that vision and build on it with participants who will take home a plan to change their lives too. Leaders may inspire, but only when people choose to act does a vision become a movement.”
What Activities Will Take Place at “The Movement”?
“This two-day event is part symposium and part festival and will be lots of fun for those who appreciate horses. The Movement is the perfect environment for connecting with peers who know that horses have a lot to teach”, commented Pat Roberts, wife of Monty Roberts and co-host of the event. “You will learn how Monty keeps stress out of his life with horses, and how to develop the motivation and resilience to achieve your life’s goals.”
Monty and his Certified Instructors will work with a range of young and remedial horses. Attendees will gain first-hand knowledge during demonstrations, lectures, and discussions. This event is for the novice rider, the non-rider, as well as the advanced student who wants to observe advanced horsemanship at work. There will be demonstrations on how to communicate with horses in their natural body language in various situations.
Monty Roberts – the New York Times bestselling author of, The Man Who Listens to Horses – will share his life story about overcoming barriers, motivating yourself and lowering your stress levels to achieve your goals. Other presenters come from varied backgrounds such as artists, a variety of horse trainers, authors, professors, Agility Dog Trainer, a film industry leader, an equestrian photographer, and noted horsewomen.
- Monty Roberts – horse trainer, Join-Up concept founder
- Pat Roberts – artist and horsewoman
- Christie Schulte Kappert – The Right Horse Initiative
- William Miller – author, professor, Motivational Interviewing
- Terri Moyers – Agility Dog Trainer and Motivational Interviewing
- Janet Rose – Founder Equus Intl Film Festival & Horse Haven Montana. Director at Save the Chimps
- Michael Yellow Bird – mindfulness and veteran outreach
- Michael Norwood – Author of the Wealthy Soul book series
- Kris Robins – Clinical Social Worker, Motivational Interviewing Trainer
- Dan Quinajon – Equestrian Photographer
- Eduardo Moreira – Bestselling Author of Life Whisperers, Motivational Speaker
Purchase Your Tickets
There are three different tiers of involvement at The Movement 2018.
- The Movement Symposium and Awards Dinner: $139.95 /person
- The Movement Awards Dinner only: $100.00 / person
- The Movement Symposium only: $39.95 / person
Space is limited! The dinner is limited to 125 participants and the Symposium is limited to 300 participants. You can purchase tickets and get more details through The Movement 2018 website.
Seating is classroom style, and around the round pen ramps accommodate wheelchairs. Parking is tight so please plan to carpool. Food trucks will be available on-site for lunch and snacks. Lots of housing options for out-of-town guests can be found in the local area. So mark your calendars today and get your tickets for The Movement Symposium and Festival 2018 at Flag is Up Farms, May 23-24, 2018.
Monty Roberts’s life goal is: “To leave the world a better place than I found it, for horses and for people too.”